Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio buttons and fields syntax
Hi, this is a wonderful program. All the other macro programs seem to have fatal flaws. I love to see a programmer with vision in action!

I'm not sure how to activate a radio button, and place the cursor in a field without using mouse placement.

I was trying to just tab into place, but for some reason this would never work in the Access based case management program I'm using.

So I tried to master the syntax for ID's using things like this:

but id(8 "Select Client")

where "select client" is the name of the window and id8 is the name of the radio button that is shown in the QM screen when I put the cursor over the button.

This didn't work either. I'm getting by with mouse placement, but I'd like to work with this window in more than one size.

Did I get the but id syntax wrong?

Any ideas why tabbing through fields won't work to place the curson in this Access program? I'm sure I'm using T properly since I'm doing fine with this type of macro element.

Thanks for any ideas! 8)
- Bob
Command but simply sends BM_CLICK message to button window, but some programs requires real input. Possible variants:

lef 0.5 0.5 id(8 "Select Client")

lef 0.5 0.5 child("&ButtonText" "ButtonClass" "Select Client")

act id(8 "Select Client"); key V

Functions id and child will not find button if it is not standard Windows control (window), eg buttons in web pages or MS Office forms. When mouse pointer is over true button window, QM status bar usually displays "+Button" class name, but if it displays eg "+Internet Explorer_Server" or "+OForm" or "+F3 Server 60000000", and it does not changes when mouse pointer leaves button, then button is not true window, and QM will not find it. In future I will work to break this limitation.

I have no ideas about why key T does not work with that window. If you can use Tab manually, then key T also must work.
I also was mystified by the tab problem. An IT person looked at it and noticed that when the Access window comes up, it does not start with the carat (or whatever you call the selected button or field) in the same place each time, and so tabbing will not be predictable. Apparantly the Access programmer cut some corners because he did not anticipate any need to address this.

Thanks for your advice about the button activation. Either that will work, or I will be content continue to use mouse position commands and always use the same size window. That isn't such a bad option, either. This is getting me good, predictable results.

Thanks for making it so easy and quick to modify or add commands. It hardly interrupts my work flow at all to improve my macro tools on the fly.
- Bob
Gintaras Wrote:Functions id and child will not find button if it is not standard Windows control (window), eg buttons in web pages or MS Office forms. When mouse pointer is over true button window, QM status bar usually displays "+Button" class name, but if it displays eg "+Internet Explorer_Server" or "+OForm" or "+F3 Server 60000000", and it does not changes when mouse pointer leaves button, then button is not true window, and QM will not find it. In future I will work to break this limitation.

I am running into this same problem. Have you broken this limitation yet? Big Grin
Yes. Click here: http://www.quickmacros.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=131