Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shared files on a network
Hi i was wondering if you have imported a macrofile as shared file which is on a network path, what will happen when you change code on the other computer that has the file?
Ofcourse using QM.

Im wondering this because i like to have the macro run on other pc, while i am coding changes on the other pc.

Will the changes be applied automaticaly while macro is running on client pc?

*edit*
Uhmm let me explainbit more...
Lets say i have PC1 and PC2
Im editing on PC1, while running macro on PC2 using network file included as shared file.
I edit a function that is used in the logic of the macro.
Will the changes to this function be applied automaticaly while the macro calling it is running already, and calls it after change?
Both the macro calling the function and the function itself are in the shared imported file...
Well thats all for now, 3M
Changes are applied when the user starts QM next time or reloads current file (menu File -> Recent Files -> first item).

If Options -> Files -> Reload ... is checked (unchecked by default), QM automatically reloads current file if it or one of shared files is modified. Read more in Help.

Also, you can run a macro on that computer from your computer (see net in Help) that reloads current file instantly (see shutdown). Or you can send the function to the computer (NetSendMacro). In later case, new function code will be used when calling the function next time (the caller macro may be running all the time).