Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
qmMessenger
for a long time i have this idea/question:

can
Code:
Copy      Help
net
be used for instant messages between allowed qm users ?
pi
That would be nice. It is definitely possible and I think it'd be up to us to implement something like this. I have a simple LAN chat setup in my house just to test the "net" command. There are some things that would need to be addressed. Anyone on the list would have to either have a static WAN IP address or a dynamic DNS setup with their router. Also, the routers would have to port forward whatever port is used to the computer running QM. I think the better answer would be to create a QM group on Yahoo,etc.
Matt B
so if im trying to control another computers macros with something like this:
Code:
Copy      Help
net "111.111.111.11" "password" "function4"
and that computer is on a router its not going to work? unless im on the same network.
I don't know about router-related problems. I think if you know computer's current IP, net should work anyway.

Generally net was designed to work in local network. The fact that it also can work on the internet is rather a side effect, useful it or not.
i tried doing it with my network and it seemed to work ok but it was slow in sending commands, i know sounds funny huh that it would be slower than over the internet.

my only problem was that i only have 2 static ips so i was only able to use the "net" command with those 2 computers and not able to use my wireless router at all Sad.

i guess i will be hooking and unhooking network cables all day long as needed lol until i can get somemore static ips :lol:
When I run net on computer1, the macro on computer2 (in the local network) runs without any delay. Transfering much data, eg files, works at the same speed as I would manually transfer files from one computer to another over LAN connection.

On local network, instead of IP also can be used computer name.
how would it look coded through a local network? i mean i dont understand how computer name would work

can u show example plz? and i wud also like to know where do i add wut macro i want to run wen it goes to that computer

plz and ty :lol: