Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support multiple monitors?
I have a Matrox G200 multiple monitor configuration on my PC. QM macros seem to work only on the first screen. Can support be added for multiple screens?
Can you make it move the mouse over to the other monitor by making it move the mouse to a negative x value and thus trick it to work on that monitor?

Also, I'm curious to see what the difference in the status bar when you are on one versus the other.
Screen shots would be great if you can swing it.
When focus is on the background (i.e. Program Manager), the Client X coordinate value ranges from 0-1, while the Screen X coordinate ranges from 0-2. However, running a macro that acts on an application with its window in panel 2 appears to fail because the cursor refuses to be moved beyond the right edge of the left panel (panel 1).

I also tried negative X coordinates, no improvements.

I've included some sample values dispalyed in the status bar, with the QM application displayed in each of the two display panels in my configuration. (Sorry, couldn't get the screen shots uploaded.)
--
Screen and cursor in panel 1:
Client 0.529 0.259 .. Quick Macros - List - [Macro4] . +QM_Editor . style=0x16CF0000
Screen 0.604 0.284 .. id=2203 . +QM_Code . style=0x57303C4 .. QM
--
Screen and cursor in panel 2:
Client 0.454 0.583 .. Quick Macros - List - [Macro4] . +QM_Editor . style=0x16CF0000
Screen 1.408 0.538 .. id=2203 . +QM_Code . style=0x57303C4 .. QM
Does the "Screen 1.408 0.538" refer to inches? Cuz mine is set to pixels.
Ah... I have my Record options "Client" and "Fraction" both selected. So I guess that "Screen 1.408 0.538" refers to fractions of the screen. I guess that anything >1.0 should be suspect! I tried deselecting "Fraction", then deselecting both "Fraction" and "Client". No improvement. Sad
Currently QM does not support multiple monitors. I plan to add this feature in QM 2.1.3.

Now you can try function SetCursorPos, but I don't know whether it will work.
Yes! SetCursorPos works for the second monitor!

Thank God.
dzgilad Wrote:Yes! SetCursorPos works for the second monitor!

Yes, but doesn't this work only for screen coordinates? How does this work if the macro was recorded using fractions relative to the active window, for instance? Is there an easy way to translate?